Tuesday, September 23, 2008

a story about numbers

Around 7:30pm last night, I put #6 to sleep in his bassinet in our bedroom. Around 8:30pm, I put #5, #4, and #3 to sleep in their bedroom upstairs (Hank the Cowdog on CD). I head to the family room to watch Pride and Prejudice with my grandma , #2 and #1. Around midnight we go to bed. #2 and #1 decide to sleep with me since Daddy is out of town, and I could get LONELY
#6 is still asleep in his bassinet next to our bed...zzzzzzzzzz... A little while later, #5 wakes up. He cannot find his beloved papa (his pacifier). I trek up the stairs, locate papa, insert into #5's mouth and head back down to our bedroom. Shortly after I doze off again, #6 awakens, famished. I nurse him in bed, where he falls asleep (me too). All is peaceful for a while...until...#3 is standing at my bedside. He has had a bad dream (Hank the Cowdog is evidently scary). I tell him to climb in bed with us. "Us" now consists of me, #3, #6, #1 and #2. We sleep...zzzzzzzzzz... BUT, soon, so very, very soon, #5 wakes up. He is shouting very loudly for me. Locating and inserting papa will not work this time. I scoop him up and head back downstairs. I plop #5 between me and #2. Before my head hits the pillow, I hear #4's little feet coming down the stairs...thud, thud...thud, thud...thud, thud. He does not even try to get close to Momma. He hurls himself at the foot of the bed, on top of the covers and zonkers.
 
A minute later, Mimi (she does not have a #, she is a doggish-cat), hops onto our bed, looks at me, rolls her eyes, and hops down. I close my eyes. #5 honks my nose. We are not going back to sleep. #3 has no covers. #4 wants chocolate milk. #2 is ready to get up and brush her morning hair.
Good morning glories! So long Sleepertown!