Thursday, October 1, 2009

waiting patiently for him

Yesterday afternoon was my last OB appointment before my scheduled induction October 6. Baby's heartbeat was good, and my doctor had plans on checking me since I was beyond 37 weeks. It turns out I have progressed to 4 cm and my water bag is bulging (sorry squeamishers). The bad news is that baby has turned and is now breech. Brian and I talked things over with the doctor, and have decided to go with a C-section, which is still planned for October 6 at 10:30 am.
.
We could have tried an aversion (manually turning the baby, which we did with TJ), but if we did that, the baby could turn right back around, we would risk the chance of my water breaking and needing an emergency C-section, or we could turn him and do a vaginal delivery and experience another shoulder dystocia on top of everything else.
.
So we thought things through, and decided to go with the scheduled surgery next Tuesday. Now, the biggest issue is staying pregnant for 5 more days (never thought I'd say that)! I am mainly sitting on my bum while my wonderful husband and daughters take care of everything. Very hard.
.
God's timing is always perfect. We know we will meet this baby at just the moment God planned for us to meet him long, long ago.
.
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him - Psalm 37:7
.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God - Philippians 4:6