Monday, January 18, 2010

Daybook Entry, January 18th


Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman
.
For Today...Monday, January 18th, TwentyTen (someone please tell me why I keep writing 2010 like that:)
.
Outside my Window...darkness
.
I am thinking...about what curriculum I will choose for next school year, we usually buy in February with tax return money...I am SOOO confused right now with the "book" direction I want to go next.
.
From the learning rooms...no school today. But we did read A Picture Book of Martin Luther King, Jr. by David A Adler, and we sat down as a family this evening and watched Mr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech before going to bed. I wanted to get to hear Voddie Baucham's sermon, "The Table of Nations: Are There Many Races, or One?" too, but the day has gotten away from me. Brian says it's fantastic (he says that about all Baucham's sermons). Here is the link: http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=525091133123. I'll try to get to it sometime this week.
.
I am thankful for...a clean house as we get back into our routine (Brian had a 4 day weekend...one of the better US Army benefits)
.
From the kitchen...baked chicken, mashed potatoes and peas tonight...yep, we were "slinging taters and peas" as our Pastor would say
.
I am wearing...gray yoga pants, red OSU Buckeye T-shirt, bare feet, no makeup, hair in a messy bun (I'm quite the sight)
.
I am reading...Understood Betsy, John, and The Mission of Motherhood and Shepherding a Child's Heart (still, I'm slow, I have 7 kids)
.
I am hoping...the babies sleep well tonight. I could use some good sleep.
.
I am creating...hmmm, how I wish I could put something here each week. Maybe I will learn to knit.

.
I am hearing...Hank the Cowdog playing in the boys' CD player, the dishwasher, and Brian at the kitchen table doing some school work (Liberty started back today...Church History and Inductive Bible Study this quarter...I know a guy who works full-time for the military, is married, has 7 children, and went to school full time over the winter...AND made the Dean's list:)
.
Around the house...my dining/school room, my family room, both bathrooms, the kitchen, and the laundry room were all supercleaned today (thanks to LOTS of help from Brian and the girls). Now if I can just find the time to help the boys put their mountain of clothes away tomorrow...and I SOOO need to wipe down the ceiling fan in our bedroom...why do I always forget that???
.
One of my favorite things...knowing I'm ready for tomorrow. It's a good feeling that I wish I felt more often.
.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...ballet classes, yay!!!
.
Here are some picture thoughts I am sharing with you...

Boys. Outside on a warm, winter day. Playing football. With their Daddy, who has the day off work.