Monday, March 8, 2010

thoughts on intercession


***Intercession - attempt to resolve conflict: the action of attempting to settle a dispute ***

~

This morning, while I was downstairs Nursing and Rocking Judah, and the Boys were upstairs, getting ready for the Day, I hear:

"TJ...DON'T SHOW PEOPLE YOUR ___ ___ !"

...followed by, "SMACK!"

(Which I'm sure was Connor smacking TJ's ___ ___ )

...followed by TJ, wailing, "OOOWWW...OOOWWW...OOOWWW!"

...followed by Connor, "I'm Sorry, Buddy. I shouldn't of smacked ya."

...followed by TJ, wailing, " OOOWWW...OOOWWW...OOOWWW!"

...followed by Connor, "Where does it hurt?"

...followed by TJ, wailing, "OOOWWW...OOOWWW...OOOWWW!"

...followed by Connor, "Will ya forgive me?"

...follwed by TJ, wailing, "OOOWWW...OOOWWW...OOOWWW!"

...followed by Connor, "Do ya want me to Help ya make yer bed?"

...SILENCE...

...Laughter...



So, my problem is this:

Obviously, showing your ___ ___ is not OK in our home,

and neither is smacking someone's ___ ___.

Obviously, Connor and TJ knew this.

Obviously, Connor saw the need to apologize and ask forgiveness.

Obviously, TJ saw the need to forgive and forget.


Was this enough?

Or should Momma have stepped in anyway?


...Your (kind, helpful) thoughts on this, Please.

And in the meantime,

I will just continue to Laugh at MommaHood with Boys and Brothers,

while Humming the tune