Monday, June 14, 2010

i complete him. he completes me.

I have decided not to take part in the Completing Him Challenge. For many reasons. (None of which have anything to do with me not wanting to complete my husband)...time and effort that I don't have to put into it...the private nature of some of it...AND...
 
I just don't think we "fit" the idea behind this. Brian and I work more as a team when he is home. I worried about this last fall, when a friend was posting about Becoming a Godly Wife. I worried for days, and then I just asked him about it.

He told me to stop worrying. And that he liked being a team. And that I couldn't possibly do it all. And that I needed his help more than most wives need their husband's help, because we have like a zillion kids...
 
I liked that answer.

We are a good team.

I suppose we complete each other, and we don't need another challenge...it's a challenge just making it through a day here (but one I'm glad to take on).

Our Dating Story is super short anyway. We dated for 4 weeks. He asked me to marry him. He left for Basic Training. We got married. He left for Korea for a year (that seems like such a long time ago)...