Tuesday, November 2, 2010

i'm tired

Yes, A Month of Thanksgiving has turned into A Week of Thanksgiving. And, I am OK with that. Thank you, Sheri, for the suggestion. I really had intentions of trying to play 'catch up,' but I'm just too tired for that.

I thought I'd just put some thoughts down this evening.

Baby Judah is finally feeling better. So much so, that at midnight last night, he was ready to get down and play with his blocks. I did not let him, which made him quite angry. Which made me realize how quickly he is turning the corner from infant to toddler.

I already have 2 toddlers.

Have I mentioned I'm tired?

The election is also wearing me out. I did just listen to the new FL Senator speak, and I say he should run for President in 2012. I also told Brian he should run in 2024. But he just laughed. (This will be the extent of political talk on this blog)

I made Lazy Southern Chicken tonight, and thought of Sara...not because she is lazy, but because she gave me the recipe. Brian mistakenly bought Garden Herb Ritzseszes (clueless on how to make Ritz plural) crackers for the topping, but it ended up tasting really yummy! Yay for cooking mistakes!...if you call Lazy Southern Chicken cooking...which, I do (but you probably do not)!

This morning we read about Jesus as a boy. The kids wondered aloud what Jesus meant by, "I was doing my Father's business..." And I realized how much my children understand about the bible, and it makes my heart happy. That part of my day did not make me feel tired. It made me feel good.

We are also a little over half way through The Witch of Blackbird Pond, and I just have to say that I love Elizabeth George Speare. We also read a neat little book called North American Indians, and I learned a lot from it. The pictures were beautiful.

After Quiet Time, I went over all 4 schooling children's math videos, then I hung out at the table with them, while they each completed 2 pages. While Wesley drew capital Es over and over, insisting he was doing Math. OK. He was still. So OK.

Which brings me back to Judah (not sure how). Who I am now nursing for the second time tonight. And it's only 10:22PM.

So, I'm going to call this a post. I will probably delete it tomorrow. But here it is tonight!

Sleep well Blogland. I know I will.

Love,
Kathi