Tuesday, October 16, 2012

:: on a tuesday afternoon

































We got a very, very late start today. As in we completely skipped Morning Meeting. Which, if you're a mom of preschoolers, you just know that's asking for trouble. The littles always get to 'do school' first. Always. But not today. So, we skipped Morning Meeting, and went straight into Astronomy and American History. We notebooked about the Sun and made our cover pages and notebook pages for part one of American History: History? Why? (which is why I was so quick to come up with some pretty great quotes on why History is important on Facebook today. they were right in the lesson. you're welcome Dad and Mike) We talked about the theme of our American History series, "I believe the United States of America is the most remarkable nation that has ever existed. No other nation, in the history of the world, has ever provided so much freedom, so much justice, and so much opportunity to so many people." Good theme. I'm happy, happy, happy with our History. Very happy.

Wesley refused to nap today. Wesley refuses to nap every day. So, instead we played Sorry. I have no idea how to play Sorry. But Wesley assured me he did. "You draw a card Mom, and move your piece the number on your card." Oh. Works for me. We'll just call it Sorry Math. While Wesley and I played Sorry Math, Zach played Catch the Milk Jug. Then my mom called and chatted with us for a while.

By the time I got off the phone with my mom, everyone else was up from naps and we headed outside for some Nature Study. Not really. But Benjamin and Judah were studying a tree pretty hard. We really did go outside to play Football, though. Because my sons are obsessed with Football. And bacon.

I got some really neat shots of Zach and Judah on the deck. But not of Korinne. Isn't her braid cute? My girls make me smile. Even though they won't let me take their pictures anymore.

At the end of the day, I was so tired from skipping Morning Meeting and faking Nature Study that I was only able to make my signature dish for SUPPER. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. And I only did that half way, it was really just toasted cheese bread and Tomato Soup. But it was gobbled up. And I learned that half my kids' favorite soup is Tomato Soup. How?! did I miss something so wonderful as that all these years? You'd think I was preoccupied with laundry or something.

:: happy tuesday! ::